Chef Don Curtiss and Managing Partner Michelle Quisenberry visited King 5 New Day Northwest. Chef Curtiss prepared a freshly-made taglioni pasta with wild mushrooms and truffle butter. Michelle demonstrated an appetizer featuring Volterra’s signature Fennel Salt.
Tagliolino alla Volterrana
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- ½ cup Smoked Pork Jowls (diced)
- Salt (as need)
- 1 TBSP Sage (chopped)
- Freshly Ground Black Peppercorn (as needed)
- 1 cup Fresh Porcini Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 cups Fresh Chanterelles (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 cups Fresh Morels (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 TBSP Black Truffles (sliced very thinly)
- 1 TBSP Truffle Butter
- 1 cup of Mushroom Broth
- ½ cup Parmigianino Reggiano (grated)
- 1 TBSP White Truffle Oil
- 1 ½ lb Tagliolini (fresh)
In a large sauté pan, add the pork jowls, salt and pepper.
Cook the jowls until they are golden brown and add the mushrooms.
Sauté the mushrooms until they begin to wilt and cook.
Add the mushroom broth and reduce until it is almost gone.
Mount in the truffle butter and toss immediately with the cooked tagliolini and parmesan.
Serve in a bowl and drizzle with the truffle oil and if available, sprinkle fresh sliced truffles.